Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the aesthetics of teeth, gums, and your bite. The purpose of this cosmetic dentistry in Kitchener is to improve a person’s smile’s visual appeal as well as their self-esteem and quality of life. Aesthetic dental operations are elective, which means they are done to address aesthetic issues rather than because they are required for the teeth’s health or function.
Simple services like teeth whitening fall under the category of cosmetic dentistry, whereas more involved treatments like dental implants and orthodontics also fall under the category of general or even restorative dentistry.
The following are some of the most popular aesthetic treatments offered by a dentist near you:
Teeth whitening: Using a bleaching substance to remove stains and discolorations from the teeth can make them seem whiter and younger. This technique is known as teeth whitening.
Dental veneers: To make teeth seem better, thin porcelain or composite resin shells are bonded to the front of the teeth. A variety of aesthetic problems, such as discolouration, chipping, cracks, and misalignment, can be fixed with veneers.
Dental bonding: A technique that employs a resin that is tooth-coloured to cover up tiny flaws in the teeth, such as chips, fractures, and gaps.
Invisalign: Clear aligners are used during an orthodontic process to progressively straighten the teeth. The almost invisible aligners are produced specifically for each patient’s teeth and are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces for individuals who wish to straighten their teeth.
Dental implants: A long-term remedy for tooth loss. To replace a lost tooth’s look and functionality, tiny titanium posts are surgically inserted into the jawbone and covered with a crown or bridge.
You’ll require a consultation with your dentist in Kitchener to figure out what treatment is best for your case.
Which Issues Can Be Fixed by Cosmetic Dentistry?
Discolored Teeth: Teeth that are stained might happen as a result of aging, smoking, or ingesting particular foods and beverages. Whitening teeth and restoring their natural look are two things that cosmetic dentistry may help with.
Misaligned teeth: Crooked or misaligned teeth can be fixed with orthodontics or through cosmetic dentistry procedures like veneers or dental bonding.
Chipped or cracked teeth: Dental bonding, veneers, or crowns can be used to repair chipped or broken teeth.
Teeth gaps: Cosmetic dentistry can be used to correct teeth gaps by orthodontic therapy, dental bonding, veneers, or crowns, among other methods.
Uneven teeth: With cosmetic dentistry, uneven teeth can be reshaped or made to look more symmetrical.
Gum reshaping: A gummy grin or an uneven gum line can occasionally take away from the teeth’s aesthetics. The gum line can be reshaped using cosmetic dentistry to enhance the look of the smile as a whole.
How Will Cosmetic Dentistry in Kitchener Benefit Me?
There are many advantages to receiving a smile makeover, including but certainly not limited to those points noted below:
- Enhanced appearance: Aesthetic dentistry may enhance the smile’s general look as well as the teeth and gums. Teeth whitening, veneers, and dental bonding are just a few of the procedures that can result in a more attractive, symmetrical, and brighter smile.
- Confidence: People frequently exhibit higher levels of confidence when they are pleased with how they look. Those who have cosmetic dental care may feel more confident and better about themselves as a result of their improved smile.
- Improved oral health: By reinforcing teeth and avoiding additional damage or decay, several aesthetic dentistry procedures, such as dental crowns and dental implants, can also enhance oral health.
- Functional improvements: Cosmetic dentistry may enhance teeth’s functionality in addition to their beauty. Although dental implants can replace missing teeth and enhance chewing and speech, orthodontic therapy can improve the bite and alignment.
- Outcomes that last: Several cosmetic dental procedures provide effects that last and can enhance the look of the teeth and smile for many years.
- Minimally invasive: Many cosmetic dental operations are minimally invasive, which means that little to no natural tooth material needs to be removed during the process. As a consequence, there is less discomfort and a shorter healing period.
Looking to improve your smile? At B Smaily Dental, we provide excellent cosmetic dentistry near you at affordable prices. Give us a call or walk in today to get your consultation!