Emergency Dentistry Near You
Dental emergencies can be alarming, especially when they occur unexpectedly. Although we can’t predict dental emergencies, we are always ready to treat them if needed. We recognize the importance of having a dental professional that you can trust during emergencies. That’s why we offer emergency dentistry near you! Our experienced dental team has the skills to provide exceptional dental care. If you are searching for emergency dentistry near you, contact our dental clinic today!
What Are Dental Emergencies?
We recommend receiving emergency dental care for the following scenarios:
- Severe toothache: Although toothaches can be minor, if you are experiencing excruciating pain, we advise you to seek emergency dentistry near you. Toothaches can be a sign of tooth decay, cavities, or gum infections.
- Loss of a dental filling or crown: If you lose a filling or a crown, you can risk damaging your unprotected tooth or infecting the area.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: You must receive immediate care when chipping or cracking your tooth because your tooth’s interior can become exposed, which can lead to an infection.
- Knocked-out teeth: If your tooth has fallen out due to trauma or impact, seek emergency dental care as soon as possible. In the meantime, clean your tooth with water and try to place it back into its socket. If the tooth does not stay, keep your tooth in a glass of milk. It would be best if you visited your dentist within an hour of your tooth dislodging from your gums to better your chances of saving your tooth.
- Abscess: An abscess is an infection on the root of your tooth, which can cause severe pain and discomfort. You should be able to identify an abscess by its pimple-like appearance as well as the pain that it comes with. If you notice these two signs, contact our dental clinic to receive immediate care.
- Objects that are stuck in your teeth: If an object gets stuck between your teeth, contact our dental clinic to seek emergency dental care. If an object cannot be removed with floss or a toothpick, it can cause strain your teeth and even lead to an infection if left untreated.
- Excessive Bleeding: An infection of the gums is usually the leading cause of excessive bleeding. Receiving emergency dental care can help treat the infection and prevent other serious complications. You may experience tenderness, swelling, and bleeding of the gums if you have a gum infection or disease.
Are you searching for emergency dentistry in Kitchener? Contact our dental clinic immediately if you are experiencing a dental emergency. Our dental team is highly skilled and trained to treat dental emergencies and prevent the issue from worsening. At Crescent Oak Dental, we are happy to offer emergency dentistry near you!