Dental Crowns Near You
A dental crown is a customized cap placed over your tooth to restore the function and appearance. Dental crowns provide excellent strength and natural results. Metals were commonly used to fabricate dental crowns; however, there are all-ceramic dental crowns, tooth-colored caps. This new type of dental crown blends seamlessly with your natural teeth and is also just as durable as a metal crown. If properly maintained, your dental crown can last for many years and sometimes even a decade! If you are interested in receiving dental crowns near you, contact our dental clinic today to request a consultation.
Dental Crowns Near You
There are many reasons why your dentist may recommend receiving dental crowns in Kitchener. Some reasons include:
- Cosmetic: Dental crowns can help enhance the appearance of a damaged or discolored tooth. They can also be used to cover a dental implant.
- Restoration: Dental crowns are used for cosmetic purposes, but they can also restore a damaged tooth. It can also provide coverage for a tooth that is missing part of its structure.
- Protection: Dental crowns provide protection for a weak tooth and also prevent it from breaking or cracking.
- Support: A dental crown can even be used to hold other restorations such as dental bridges in place
Although adults typically use dental crowns, dental crowns made out of stainless steel are used to treat children. The following reasons are why children receive dental crowns in Kitchener:
- Protection: Often, if children do not have a proper oral hygiene routine, they are at a higher risk of tooth decay or cavities.
- Damage: Dental crowns are also recommended for children with damaged teeth caused by decay. This type of restoration is only recommended if a filling cannot support the damage.
The procedure for dental crowns usually takes two appointments. During your first appointment, we will reshape your tooth and take impressions. These impressions will be sent off to a laboratory where your dental crown will be fabricated. By taking impressions, your dentist can create a customized treatment plan for your needs and smile goals. Your dental crowns will be ready in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, your dentist will place a temporary crown on the affected tooth.
During the second appointment, your dentist will permanently cement the crown onto your tooth, which will restore your tooth’s function and appearance!
If you are interested in receiving dental crowns near you, contact our dental clinic today to request a consultation! At B Smaily Dental, we are happy to provide our patients with dental crowns in Kitchener.