Do you need restorative or cosmetic dentistry? Have you been going back and forth with yourself over what the right treatment for your smile is? It can be tricky to know what the best path forward is to fully remedy our teeth.
Fortunately, when you come to our dental office to see our dentist in Kitchener, they’ll be able to assess your oral health and help identify the most effective solution for your unique case, like receiving porcelain veneers.
For more information about the process of acquiring porcelain veneers near you, please reach out to us today!
Porcelain Veneers Explained
In many cases, the distinction between cosmetic and restorative treatments becomes blurred; porcelain veneers are a prominent example of this. Although it is largely classified as a method that’s done to boost the aesthetic of your smile, it also reinforces the functionality of your teeth.
But why would a dentist suggest receiving porcelain veneers in the first place?
You may be eligible to undergo this particular treatment if you’re dealing with one or more of the following dental problems:
- Severe discoloration.
- Uneven spaces between your teeth.
- Chipped or cracked teeth.
- Your teeth are oddly shaped.
- Weakened teeth.
Keep in mind that this solution is usually recommended for patients who are dealing with relatively minor challenges to their oral health. More complex issues like missing teeth, receding gums, and teeth that have become blacked from infection demand more intensive treatments.
As the name includes, porcelain is the material of choice when it comes to the physical fabrication of your veneers. This is because porcelain is extremely resistant to stains, and it is durable. If you look after them properly, your veneers will last up to 10 years or longer.
Have questions? No problem. Contact a dentist near you to learn more. They’ll invite you in for an informal consultation to identify if you’re a suitable candidate. Your teeth and gums will be evaluated, and x-rays will be done for your dentist to establish an accurate image of your dental health.
Benefits of Veneers
- They look natural. Though veneers are indeed manufactured at the dental lab, they’re made to resemble the shade of your natural smile. Your dentist will work with you to select the best color beforehand.
- A worthwhile investment. It is no secret that this treatment can costly, especially if you’re getting veneers on multiple or all your teeth. However, it is a worthwhile investment as it will boost your oral health and provide lasting results.
- You can receive them in as little as 2 appointments.
- They’re easy to shape. Your dentist will make sure that everything is good to go before you leave. And, if your veneers do need adjustments, those can easily be made.
- It’ll restore your confidence. Alongside boosting the appearance and functionality of your smile, you’ll be able to look in the mirror and feel proud of your new smile.
There is no “perfect” dental treatment; the best option for your smile is depending on your preferences, health, and what your dentist believes is the best route forward.
At Crescent Oak Dental, we provide reliable, effective treatment for porcelain veneers in Kitchener. Your treatment will be tailored to suit your unique oral health goals. Our amazing team is here to ensure that your visit runs smoothly and that you feel entirely comfortable while in the dentist’s chair.
Are you ready to get started? Call or head to our website to arrange an appointment time that works for you and your family.